I recently had a chance to use LG P500 and this phone too gave me similar sort of problem. But now I can easily connect to any proxy-enabled network, anywhere I like! It is easy, in fact. LG P500 does not give an easy connection option to such a network. The steps described below work for any mobile set that have wifi function but do not have proxy setting menu. Provided that you have a very good wifi signal, you too can use any proxy-enabled wifi. Just follow the given simple steps:
- Install a copy of Opera Internet browser (http://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/android/mobile/10.1/)
- Connect to the proxy-enabled wifi and run Opera net browser.
- Type opera:config into the address bar and hit enter.
- You will find multiple buttons that give you many options to configure. Scroll down to find Proxy.
- Find HTTP server and HTTP servers options in the sub-menu that follows the Proxy button.
- Enter the proxy and port in the format proxy:port (eg:10.100.0.1:8080) in each box of HTTP Server and HTTP Servers.
- Scroll down in the same sub-menu to find Use HTTP and Use HTTPS. Check both the boxes.
- Click Save button situated at the end of the sub-menu and close the tab.
- Now you are set to go!
Now your cell-phone can use internet connection from the network. If you server needs a username and a password, a pop-up window will ask for the required information. The last thing you need to do now is inform your friends too!