Ping Blog NetBeans IDE would not install in my Windows 8 | Easy Techs!

Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

NetBeans IDE would not install in my Windows 8

It has been a while that I have installed Windows 8 on my machine and I have had a truck load of problems already.  A while ago, my volume controls were too slow to use ( Remedy Here) and the other day I had problems uploading images on my blog through IE 10 ( Read here) and now I am stuck because I cannot install NetBeans IDE on my system. I wanted to do some java stuff and I got NetBeans 7 for myself. I downloaded JDK 6 too and installed it prior to the installation of NetBeans 7. The error was as below:
I had never had to look into the 'Environment Variables' stuffs before while I was on Windows 7. But now, until I played with the Environment Variables, the problem would not go. Here is the step by step demonstration of how you can fix the problem:
Go to my computer:

Right Click the mouse button to go to the Properties:

Click the Advanced System Settings button on the left of the new page:

Now, under the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables
 

Find Path on the new window and click to edit it.

Then you can go ahead and add the path of your JDK file. The format would be like this:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin
You need to enter the path till the bin folder. DO NOT OVERWRITE THE PATH CONTENTS, JUST ADD TO WHATEVER IS ALREADY THERE.


Close the windows and restart your system. Now you may go ahead and install your IDE and that should not be a problem. 

Happy Coding!:)